Thursday, January 14, 2010

Seed of Hope in a Two Year Olds Heart

Many attempts to teach Jackson to not hurt his baby brother have failed over and over. I found myself finally doing what I should have done first, PRAY!


A book by Paul Miller called; A Praying Life has slowly been transforming this Mommy’s communication with God.

I cannot get into my child’s heart and so often I am living as if I can. So I have simply been asking God things like this, “Please help Jackson’s heart desire to not hurt Jonah, help Jackson’s heart desire to obey, or help Jackson’s heart desire to honor Jesus.” I can’t remember the last time I have had to run and “save” Jonah from his older brother! Does this mean Jackson will never hurt Jonah? No. But, something has changed in Jackson’s heart and I see it.

Last night while Jack bathed Jackson he asked him, “What did the Angel say to the women at the tomb?” Jackson’s answer blew us away, “The angel said, do not be afraid. Jesus has risen from the dead. Go and tell the disciples.” (If you can imagine a little two yr. olds imperfect pronunciation of words saying that, your heart would just melt!)

 As I mentioned earlier Jack and I are not capable of changing Jackson’s heart but God’s word is and it is being planted in him even at the age of 2. Thank you for helping us sow Seeds of Hope in East Dallas as we sow in our home.

Sow / Sowing: To scatter seed over the ground for growing, to strew or cover with something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this book on prayer, Emily. It definitely reminded me to pray about everything, even things as "little" as sibling rivalry. Your boys are as handsome as can be. Miss yall,
Marilyn