Thursday, July 24, 2008

Stages of our move

We have made it to the metroplex and will start moving our stuff into our temporary 2 bedroom town home tomorrow the 25th. We are excited about being able to move into our new neighborhood and begin getting settled. After a couple months, the 3 bedrooms should be finished and we will make our final move.
There are a couple churches we're excited about visiting, one of which is only about three miles from us called Lakewood Pres. and the other is New St.Peter's, which has a great website.
http://www.newstpeters.org/

We are asking prayer for patience as moving, being in transition, and life in general can be wearisome. God is faithful and has been showing me how Christ's lordship is over my heart, my will, and my mind but for the time being he does allow Satan to act as prince of the world. I can not control what happens outside of me, but I can consciously live out submission to my Lord in how I respond to situations in the world. I need to have a vision of Christ as Lord when I'm exposed to the hardships of the city, life, and the fallen world we live in. But, it isn't just 'out there' that the fall has usurped the reign of Christ...as a Christian I need to continually bring my life under the reign of Christ. I need to be patient as my Lord is and in how I respond to my wife during stressful situations. Just some thoughts I'm having from Zech.14. Thank you for your prayers!

No comments: